Tuesday, January 13, 2015

How Quikr helped me when I was relocated to Bangalore..


About the Brand
Quikr is India’s no.1 online classifieds platform, a place where people can connect with each other to buy or sell goods and services. Launched in 2008 with the vision for buyers and sellers to “meet online, transact offline”, today it has over 4.2 million listings and have generated over 150 million replies.
Headquartered in Mumbai, Quikr operates from 940 cities across India and is accessed by more than 30 million unique users and 26 million brand new customers per month. It has over 13 categories and 170 sub-categories, with the most popular being mobile phones and electronics, real estate, cars and bikes.

My Experience
I was in Mumbai for last 4 years and now my project was getting transferred to Bangalore so I had to relocate to Bangalore.
My Flat in Bangalore had only a bed and a cupboard so I had to buy everything on my own.
As in my job transfers were frequent so I wanted to buy second hand items and was not planning to go for the new brand ones.
Quikr was the name suggested by majority of my friends.
So it was time to explore Quikr.


It asked me to select a city.






As Bangalore was among the popular cities I quickly selected it.
After selecting the city as Bangalore it showed me different options to select from.



  

There were many categories available.
I selected Electronics and Appliances.

First thing I wanted to purchase was TV hence I went to TV-DVD-Multimedia category.
                                      
There were lots of filters available.
1. Product type
2. Brand Name
3. Price
   Also there was an option to set Custom range.
4. Ads posted in time
5. Ads Posted By
6. Condition
7. Ad Type
8. Photos which was an option to select Ads only with photos.
I loved the different filters.

Sony was my first choice.
The custom range was set to 0-10000 and Ads posted in last 1 month were only selected.

                       
I was searching for 32 inch Sony LCD TVs at a good discounted price.

Finally I selected 5 Ads from around 60.
I replied to all the Ads with my message and Gmail id.


Next I wanted to purchase some Kitchen Appliances hence I selected the sub category
“Home-Kitchen Appliances”.
Here I selected some Ad’s which were offering LG refrigerator for a reasonable price.
Also I wanted to purchase Whirlpool Washing Machine so I selected 4 Ad’s which were offering it on a reasonable price.


Finally I was done with my shopping and was waiting for the response from the seller side.


In the meanwhile till the response came I thought to explore the site more.
I thought to post my own Ad and went to Post Free Ad.
On clicking on it I was navigated to a new page where I had to select a category.





After selecting Mobiles I landed on a page where all the details about the product had to be filled in.
This was really quick and easy.

                                 


Also another amazing feature was “Create Free Alert”.
Here I could chip in the details related to the product I wanted and Quikr would send me alerts whenever it was available in my vicinity.
Quite impressive !!!.


The sellers were really friendly and belonged to a good class.
I was really happy that people like me loved to buy and sell things on Quikr.
                                                     
This post is written for contest Quikr in Bangalore on Indiblogger


1 comment: